A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:
CAMH is offering an 8-week group is for young adults (aged 18-25) who overuse
technology (gaming, social media, surfing). Although few of our students are in
this age group,
they are willing on a case-by-case basis, to admit younger students. Call CAMH
for more information.
Dates: Starting Wednesday December 9th until February 17th
Location: 33 Russell St., Toronto
* A step-by-step approach to making changes in internet use behaviour
* Methods for dealing with the issues created by over-use of tech
* Support and understanding from others on the same journey
Topics discussed include:
* Establishing motivation and setting goals
* Identifying triggers and urges
* Coping strategies
* Managing difficult emotions
* Creating balance through self-care and leisure
* Healthy relationships/supports
* Relapse prevention
An individual assessment is required in order to attend this group. To book an
appointment, call Access CAMH at 416-535-8501, press 2.
Support is also offered for parents.
Please do not reply to this e-mail.
If you do not wish to receive e-mail from North Toronto,
please unsubscribe at http://ntci.on.ca/ntparents-unsub/
To contact the school, 393-9180 or e-mail: northtoro...@tdsb.on.ca
North Toronto Collegiate Institute
17 Broadway Avenue
Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1T7
NTparents mailing list: NTparents@ntci.on.ca