A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

Dear Parents & Guardians,

Please read the note below from Superintendent Allison and Trustee Laskin
regarding administrative changes at North Toronto CI effective February 2, 2017.

I will provide more transition information to you in the new year.

Fondest regards,

Joel Gorenkoff
Principal

December 15, 2016

Dear Staff, Students and Parents and/or Guardians at North Toronto Collegiate
Institute:

On behalf of the Toronto District School Board, we wish to inform you that on
Wednesday, December 14, 2016, the Board approved a series of Principal/Vice
principal promotions and transfers.  These promotions and transfers will result
in administrative changes for your school.

At that Board meeting, it was announced that Joel Gorenkoff will be transferred
from North Toronto Collegiate Institute to Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute
as Principal.  This transfer will take place effective February 2, 2017.

We are thankful for the strong leadership that Joel has provided to the North
Toronto community since his initial appointment over a decade ago.  He has led
North Toronto through many significant changes and milestones during his
tenure, including the school's transition to a new building and the celebration
of NTCI's 100th anniversary.  Joel has been a strong advocate for the many
partnerships and programs offered to students at the school, especially with
respect to opportunities for student leadership.  Joel will be missed by the
students, staff, parents and wider North Toronto community as he transitions to
his new role as the Principal of Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute.

In support of this transition, our current North Toronto Vice Principal,
William Mack, is being promoted to Principal (Acting) at North Toronto
Collegiate Institute replacing Joel Gorenkoff.  William's promotion will also
be effective February 2, 2017 and remain in effect until the end of the
2016-2017 school year at which time the Superintendent will engage the School
Council and Trustee in the process of determining the permanent principal for
the school.  William brings steady leadership to North Toronto through his role
as a Vice Principal in three schools, including NTCI, along with his
significant curriculum leadership experiences at the Ontario Institute for
Studies in Education at the University of Toronto.

Further to these changes, we welcome Jennifer Kurtz who will be replacing
William Mack as Vice Principal (acting).  Jennifer comes to North Toronto with
experiences as a teacher in five different schools, including strong curriculum
programming and leadership experience.  Jennifer will be coming to NTCI from
her current position as Assistant Curriculum Leader of Arts and Music at
Humberside Collegiate Institute.

Please join us in offering our sincere appreciation to Joel Gorenkoff for his
outstanding service in the North Toronto Collegiate Institute Community as he
transitions to his new role at Lawrence Park CI.  Please also join us in
congratulating William Mack and Jennifer Kurtz who will be working alongside
Kathleen Pyper as the new North Toronto administrative team.
Yours sincerely,

Ian Allison
Superintendent of Education, LN2

Shelley Laskin