A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

On Friday morning, students will attend an assembly to provide information
about the charity they voted to support for Charity Week this year: The Maddie
Project. The Maddie Project founder, Nicole German, and her son, Zac Coulter,
will speak to our students about the charity and its two goals.
The first goal of The Maddie Project is "to increase awareness through
conversations about youth depression and mental health concerns" and to work to
reduce the stigma around mental illness. As this can be a difficult topic for
some students, we have ensured that students are provided with information on
where and how to access support and our Guidance department is available to any
students who wish to speak to someone.
The second goal of The Maddie Project is "to raise funds to provide support for
youth and their families through improved facilities and programs", namely, by
funding Maddie's Therapeutic Healing Gardens at North York General Hospital's
Phillips House outpatient facility.
We are excited to welcome The Maddie Project to North Toronto and grateful in
advance for your support of this year's Charity Week.