A Message from the NTCI Parents Mailing List:

Acknowledgements, Upcoming Events & Dates

Important Update: For more information on upcoming TDSB school closures between
March 14 - April 5, please read the Director's letter here:
https://bit.ly/3a0adFH.

Automated phone calls indicating student absences:  Each parent or guardian
with a phone number listed in our school computer system will now receive two
automated phone calls each day (one at 10:05 am and a second call at 4 pm)
indicating student absences for the morning and afternoon classes.  It is our
hope that these automated calls will ensure that parents and guardians are
notified of their child's absence as soon as possible.  As in the past, any
student who arrives late to class must report to the main office to sign in and
receive a late slip.  Students will follow the same process as in the past if
they wish to sign out during the school day - report to the main office and
sign out with a school official.
Moving forward, the board will be undertaking a review of the TDSB's Student
Attendance and Safe Arrival Procedures to determine how they can be
strengthened and will be working with schools to better understand current
practices as part of this process.  If you have any questions or concerns,
please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Mon. Mar. 16 - Fri. Mar. 20:  March Break (no classes)

Thurs. Apr. 9:  Passover begins.

Fri. Apr. 10-Mon. Apr. 13:  Easter holidays.  Classes cancelled.
Regular classes resume Tues. Apr. 14 at 9am.

Thurs. Apr. 16:  Last day for students to drop classes prior to full disclosure.

Mon. Apr. 20-Fri. Apr. 24:  North Toronto celebrates Earth Week!

>From the North Toronto Athletics Committee!
NT Parents!   We Need You!!!
On behalf of the North Toronto Athletics Committee, we would like to invite you
to join our committee in the effort of 'connecting the past with the present
and building towards the future' of NT Sports.  The NTAC was formed in 2017,
with a mind of furthering the success story that is athletics at NT.  We are
proud of the accomplishments our athletes have achieved on and off the field of
sport, whether in the pool, on the court/ice/turf or elsewhere; NT has a rich
history of sporting glory.  But, it comes at a cost.  To remain competitive
with the schools in our district and across the OFSAA sport system, additional
resources are needed to provide our athletes/students the best we can in
timing/equipment/sport science/coaching and more.

We invite you to volunteer and participate on our committee as we develop fund
and friend-raising events.  Additionally, we invite you to attend our events,
such as "Reignite" being held at Safari Bar & Grill on April 23rd.  For this
event, we need a support group as well as 'auction items' to generate funds.
We want as many of our past & present alumni/parents to attend and play a role
in what we feel is a pivotal time for Sports at NT.
Kirsten Sixt & Michael Colley (NTAC Co-Chairs)

ntathleticscommit...@gmail.com<mailto:ntathleticscommit...@gmail.com>

>From the School Parent Council!
We wish all students, families, teachers, and administrators a healthy and
restful March break.
We look forward to see you at the next Parent Council meeting on April 27 at
7:30 p.m. in room 215.
If you haven't already, connect with the Parent Council through one of the
following channels:
- Email cont...@ntcischoolcouncil.ca<mailto:cont...@ntcischoolcouncil.ca> if
you have any questions or suggestions
- Subscribe to NTCI School Parent Council mailing
list<https://ntci.us18.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=86a97e16d7abecd32cbbe6284&id=9cf77cbe41>
- Facebook page: Like and follow NTCI School Parent
Council<https://www.facebook.com/NTCIParent/>
- Facebook: Join NTCI School Parent
Council<https://www.facebook.com/groups/1336801883128478/>
- Twitter: Follow @ntci_parents<https://twitter.com/NTCI_Parents>

Please find below the link to Trustee Laskin's weekly newsletter:

https://www.tdsb.on.ca/ward8/Ward-8/Weekly-Trustee-Updates
If you would like to sign-up directly for Trustee Laskin's newsletter, please
fill out this link:

https://signup.e2ma.net/signup/1787552/1752436/?v=a
William Mack
Principal