2008 R2 server at remote site that was DNS/DC/File/Print. Also runs a helpdesk
app (Sysaid) and AutoDesk license server and DFS. I am going to P2V it, so
before doing it I wanted to demote it from domain controller.

Except the demotion broke DFS and modified the firewall entries that had been
allowing the FlexLM and SysAid apps, which wasn't immediately apparent (ICMP
still worked, for example). Of course after spending an hour chasing
not-obvious-to-me issues I kill the firewall and hey, lookie there!

Nice thing is Server 2012 licensing will allow me to stand up a new DC and keep
the it divorced from the "everything else" server. I hate having a DC that does
much of anything else...
David Lum
Sr. Systems Engineer // NWEATM
Office 503.548.5229 // Cell (voice/text) 503.267.9764