Hello,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this. My org had a DR event in which
we had a server bouncing up and down. Using 2012 R2 and Hyper-V we had two
sites in a replication relationship and after resynchronizing the disks
from the time the server was down, initiated a planned failover to our DR
site.

For Gen 1 machines there was no issue, however Gen 2 machines came up fine.
After fixing their network adapters and letting them run for 10-15 minutes
we initiated a reboot. When coming back up, every Gen 2 machine that we
failed over does the same thing, it immediately boots into 'automatic
repair' and then loads the recovery / boot blue screen options menu.

The strange thing is, if we did a planned failover back to the original VMs
they boot just fine. We also get two-three reboots out of the replicated
VMs before they start the reboot loop - it's almost like the system does
some internal checking and when it goes to touch a file after bringing the
network adapter up something doesn't match up and it panics.

The closest thing I could find was this two year old thread with no
resolution:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/827afbd5-b740-439a-bd09-e34d64b90e61/virtual-machine-generation-2-boot-issue-windows-repair-bootloop-hyperv-2012-r2?forum=winserverhyperv

Has anyone ever seen this before?