I would check for snapshots (vssadmin or diskshadow) and disk filters (fltmc).

-----Original Message-----
From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Kurt Buff
Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2016 11:59 PM
To: ntsysadm
Subject: [NTSysADM] Volume GUIDs with no volumes?

I'm seeing a large number of errors in the event log of our file server, and
they reference a number of GUIDs for which there seem to be no matching volumes.

This makes a fair amount of sense - we've recently refactored our drives, and
in the process eliminated all of our iSCSI presentations for this server,
replacing them with VMDKs - as you have figured out by now, we're a VMware shop.

The eventIDs are below - there are several of each error/warning, one set per
GUID that doesn't match a volume. The question in my mind is "how do I get rid
of the references to the missing volume?"

        Log Name:      Application
        Source:        SRMSVC