Thanks for that. Interesting. It’s a different group here that manages
NetApp, but they don’t retain snapshots to anywhere near that degree.

*From:* [mailto:] *On Behalf Of *Robert Cato
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:20 AM
*Subject:* Re: [NTSysADM] Mysteriously Disappearing Home Drive Data

Used NetApp for over 7 years across two jobs. Never seen this behavior. I
do know for sure that snapshots are read only. They can't be

Just a suggestion, retain snapshots longer if you have the space. We keep
96 hourly, 60 daily, and 26 weekly. Our snapshot footprint is about 14% of
volume, but dedupe and compression savings is 36%.