*From:* listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:
listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] *On Behalf Of *Webster
*Sent:* Wednesday, November 16, 2016 7:02 PM
*To:* NT Issues (ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com) <ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com

*Subject:* [NTSysADM] How to force an authoritative and non-authoritative
synchronization for DFSR-replicated SYSVOL (like "D4/D2" for FRS)

Anyone ever had to use this KB to fix SYSVOL?

Unfortunately, the two DCs are Server 2008 so they can't call Microsoft for
support.

I was looking at the section *How to perform an authoritative
synchronization of DFSR-replicated SYSVOL (like "D4" for FRS) **and Steps 4
and 10 confuse me. Those steps say to start the DFSR service but there are
no previous instructions that say to stop the service. On one of the broken
DCs, there is no DFSR service that shows in services.msc.*

*Any advice on using that KB would be appreciated.*

Thanks

Webster