I have used Digi branded units previously, between those and their other
hardware I can say they make excellent gear.
jlc

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of NP
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 8:04 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [NTSysADM] Serial device servers

Looking for any recommendations on Ethernet attached serial port device servers
for remote access/management.  I’m tired of having to track someone down to get
a laptop plugged in at remote sites.  We try to keep a laptop in the rack but
it’s just not a reliable solution and you still have to find someone to move
the cable around between devices.  I’ve used a lot of smaller single port
devices over the years.  There’s just a lot of options out there a many of them
will break the bank, especially for something that hopefully never gets used.
What are you all using out there?  Rack mount preferred, 8 ports.
Thanks