I hear ya!  Compatibility mode might be fine for what you need, it just has a
lot of limitations that also make it difficult and sometimes fixing one site
breaks others.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Michael Leone
Sent: Friday, June 2, 2017 9:21 AM
To: ntsysadm@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [NTSysADM] Re: Using GPO to allow pop-ups and to set compatibility
settings - MORE

On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 12:12 PM, Miller Bonnie L.
<mille...@mukilteo.wednet.edu<mailto:mille...@mukilteo.wednet.edu>> wrote:
Just getting caught up, I don't see that anyone has mentioned it but
compatibility view is horrible and it has all sorts of limitations, including
that it really only handles addresses out to two domain levels.  So for
example, you can add xyz.foo.edu<http://xyz.foo.edu>, but it actually will put
all of foo.edu<http://foo.edu> into compatibility mode, which you may not
really want.

If you're stuck on IE10, you may not have an option, but if you can get them to
IE 11 then you will want to check out the IE Enterprise mode settings and
tools.  We have ours up and running and did not have to put any kind of logging
server in place for posting, it's optional.  Start here, it might even let you
get away from IE 10 if you have other sites with compatibility issues that it
can support:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/what-is-enterprise-mode

Thanks. I will look into it. But since we're short 2 network admins, and the
other admin is ... well, anyway, he's tied up being the router/switch guy ...
I'm not sure when I can get to it ..