Might try the connect-iscsi/disconnect-iscsi cmdlets in Windows 2012.

Connect-IscsiTarget:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh826098(v=wps.630).aspx

Disconnect-IscsiTarget:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh826108(v=wps.630).aspx

If you're dealing with OS' older than Windows 2012, there's a legacy tool
(iSCSICLI.exe) that you can investigate as well.

Either use the pre/post script capability of your backup solution or
schedule a task.

- Sean