I have the same on my Windows 10 1607 machine and it works as expected. I
use a non-Administrator account and have a few shortcuts set with "Run as
Administrator". I think that's the same as your scenario. It prompts me for
alternate creds, I enter the ones for my separate Admin account and it
works. I was curious to see if it would also work on a Windows 10 1703 box
and it does.

The thing I use much more often is a batch file on my non-Admin desktop
that runs the Command Prompt as Admin:
runas /savecred /user:<domain>\<adminuser> cmd
Then I can run anything as Administrator as long as I know the executable
name and any arguments.

--

Charlie Sullivan

Sr. Windows Systems Administrator