Hmmm....

The patch checker found that my IIS 5 installation needed Q296185.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q296/1/85.ASP

I applied the patch to it and now have a problem. My little intranet web
site is stopped and when I try to start it, I get the following error:

"The service could not be started because it is not configured properly.
Make sure that the server bindings do not conflict with other sites running
on the same machine."

Now, if I stop the Default Web Site, I can start the Intranet Web Site and
vice versa. Problem is, a Software Artisans loaded its SMTP service in the
Default Web Site. Being a newbie to IIS, why is this occurring and what is
the best solution?

Charles R. Dewar
Systems Administrator