From: Markus Laker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 2:56 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Silicon Valley salary

Once the authorities get around to processing visa applications again, and
once the airports reopen, my employer is planning to move me from its UK
office here in Bracknell to its San Jose office for a couple of years.
Marvellous timing, I know.

Salary negotiations are beginning in earnest.  Most of the Californian job
sites I can find don't mention salaries these days (surprise, surprise).
What does a competent C++ developer earn in Silicon Valley these days?

Thanks and regards,

Markus