My sympathies and thoughts go out to everyone directly affected by these
cowardly acts.  My thoughts also go out to the millions of us indirectly
affected.

Now to bring a slightly on-topic slant to the discussions - in recent months
there has been considerable debate on Carnivore (the FBI's electronic
snooping tool).  In order to increase our security, I'm sure we Americans
are going to have to give up some of our personal freedom and privacy.  As
IT pro's, has anyone's opinion of Carnivore changed?  I know if someone had
asked me the question on Monday, I was adamantly against Carnivore.  Today,
I'm willing to accept some software "black-box" scanning my email looking
for suspicious activity.

Thoughts?

BTW - just because I am initiating a slightly on topic discussion, in no way
am I suggesting that that the other threads stop.  I'm all for them.  Many
of our list members are in NY and DC.  Those who don't like the off topic
discussions - learn to use the delete key or setup a filter or rule.