From: Laura Swartout [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 9:49 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Attack and Gas Prices

Gas prices in the Midwest rose sharply before the Labor Day weekend. We were paying $1.96 for 87 unleaded octane. All day yesterday it was down to 1.67. This morning it's back up to almost 2 bucks. Lines were long at the pumps in La Crosse, WI but Winona, MN hasn't panicked yet. I think most people are taking a "wait and see" attitude.