Ah, someone else who remembers the quote I prompted for last night.

We are in agreement on this issue, Andrew. Carnivore, Echelon and etc. are
not good for this country.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 06:30
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OT? perspective of events

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In order to increase our security, I'm sure we Americans
are going to have to give up some of our personal freedom
and privacy.

To me, this is the worse thing about terrorism.  We lose what we
cherish, and that is freedom.  And many will accept this, because they
think it will be better -- but it won't.

A wise man once said:  "They that can give up essential liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor
safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

 ASB - http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/?File=~MoreInfo.TXT
 "A nickel isn't worth a dime today." -- Yogi Berra.