Title: RE: Senate votes to permit warrantless Net-wiretaps, Carnivore use

As much as I don't necessarily have a problem with this, the real question will be what happens when someone makes an offhand, attempt-at-humor comment that sets off whatever "filters" they're looking for.  Will my kid get put on a list because he's researching and chatting with friends about JFK's assasination and the phrase "kill the president" is in their conversation?

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Blackstone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 5:50 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Senate votes to permit warrantless Net-wiretaps, Carnivore
use

Here here!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Kennedy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 5:53 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
use

Write my Congressman about what?  About implementing laws designed to
protect us at the cost of a minor infringement on my civil rights?  What
are they doing that your employer or network admins, who could use
benign e-mails in a much more malicious manner, don't already do.  While
I don't like it that we have go to these lengths, I feel it's necessary
for our National Security.  Besides, I've nothing to hide and if I had
something to hide I would not be likely to send it via e-mail. Maybe,
just maybe, if we had this in place a while back, some 6,000+ people,
some of which may have even been on this list, would still be with us.
It's a dangerous world out there, which requires unpleasant measures.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.