From: Allen Crawford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 3:40 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: IIS4/5 patches

If anyone is struggling with getting current on locking down your IIS servers, I have spent some time creating an HTML page with links to the downloads, except that I've created it for our LAN.  So, I can email you the self-extracting zipped up version of it offline if you are interested.  I don't think I've left anything out of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a few items.  It includes the Post-SP6 NT 4 security rollup as well, which adds a good 14MB to the file size, so I can remove that if you would like.

Anyway, I'm emailing this list so hopefully it can help push the admins to install these updates that haven't done so already so we can start putting an end to this Code Red stuff.  Of course, if you are already infected you'll need to get yourself clean.  Does eEye have that Code Red scanner available still?  Doesn't it detect if you are already infected and clean it?  I can't remember and couldn't find it last time I checked their site.  However, the last I checked was a while back.  I'm leaving for the day so I don't have time to check it now and won't get any replies to this message until tomorrow.

Trying to be of assistance to people that are short on time and haven't updated their servers since I personally have found Microsoft's web pages to be extremely cluttered and hard to figure out what you should and shouldn't install.

Allen