FYI, SANS probably did not send that message at all, read the following
excerpt from Symantec's write up of the Nimda virus:

"The worm begins the mass-mailing routine by first searching for email
addresses. The worm searches for email addresses in .htm and .html files
on the local system. The worm also uses MAPI to iterate through messages
in the Inbox of email clients. Any MAPI supporting email clients may be
affected including Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express. The worm uses
these email address for the To: and the From: addresses. Thus, the From:
addresses will not be from the infected user. "

Heidi Pilewski
Windows Systems Administrator
Software Engineering Institute
[EMAIL PROTECTED]