From: Osama S. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2001 12:05 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Workstation Naming Standards

hi,

we will be deploying Win2K from scratch on the user's machines (around
700) replacing NT 4. SO I was reviewing our machine naming convention.

Our Offices are located in two cities, one single domain.
So far we would use something like "CityName-Department-User Real Name"
(where city name and department are abbrevations) to name workstations.

Usually the NT Names are the users Company ID, which is unique.

I was wondering how you guys/girls are naming your workstations and users.

regards

Uso

Want to unsub? Do that here: http://www.w2knews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=unsub
Need a good FAQ? Try this one first: http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/