Well, not "resolved" in the sense that I know what caused the problem-but
"resolved" in the sense that it's no longer an issue. We re-imaged the machine.

:)

But I sure would like to know what caused it. We've seen it happen on one or
two other machines, too.

John

On 19 sep 2011, at 15:10, John Hornbuckle
<john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us<mailto:john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us>>
wrote:
I've got one client machine (Win7 SP1) that seems to be unable to access DFS
resources. Regardless of who you're logged into the machine as (regular user,
domain admin, etc.), when trying to reach our DFS system you get an error
saying access is denied. A dialog box entitled "Network Error" appears and says
"Windows cannot access \\mydfspath<file:///\\mydfspath>. You do not have
permission to access \\mydfspath<file:///\\mydfspath>. Contact your network
administrator to request access."

This isn't a user permission issue. You can directly access the data via
\\server\share<file:///\\server\share>--just not through DFS. And the error
ONLY happens on this machine. Log in as the same user on the machine next to
it, and you can access \\mydfspath<file:///\\mydfspath> just fine.

I'm stumped. We tried unjoining the machine from the domain and rejoining
thinking maybe something had happened with the trust relationship. No dice.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. I can always re-image the machine, which I suspect may
fix the issue. But if there's a way to track down the root of the problem
without doing that, I'd prefer to.

John Hornbuckle, MSMIS, PMP
MIS Department
Taylor County School District