From: Webster [mailto:webs...@carlwebster.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:35 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: IIS 6.0 Security

Use either license server 11.6.1 or better 11.9.  11.9 may require you to
return, reallocate and re download your license file(s).  But that is a 2
minute project at worst.  1.9 is required for XenApp 6.5 and XenDesktop 5.5
(and maybe 5.0) as Citrix has implemented new licensing features.  11.9 will
read the old license files with no issues BUT if you need to use XenApp 6.5 or
XenDesktop 5.5, you WILL need to redo your license file.

The nice thing about Citrix license server 11.6 and higher is that it no longer
requires Java or IIS.  That removes a couple of security risks for you right
there.

There is a new 11.10 license server but I have not tested that.

Carl Webster

Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional

http://www.CarlWebster.com<http://www.carlwebster.com/>