From: Webster [mailto:webs...@carlwebster.com]
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 11:02 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Citrix security frustrations

Why have you not installed HRP7 on your servers?

What server is failing on WebDAV?

Carl Webster

Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional

http://www.CarlWebster.com<http://www.carlwebster.com/>

From: Richard McClary
<richard.mccl...@aspca.org<mailto:richard.mccl...@aspca.org>>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 14:41:59 +0000
To: NT Issues
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com<mailto:ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>>
Subject: Citrix security frustrations

Greetings!

PCI Compliance scan on our Citrix system ("old" Presentation Server 4.5 on IIS
6.0) done back in October included these remediation steps:

Disable WebDAV:  As per instructions, I went into the IIS manager, web
extensions, and saw it was "Prohibited".  It still is.  However, the scan done
last week shows the same thing - indicates nothing was done.

Disable TLS Renegotiation:  According to the Citrix site, the solution is to
apply Hot Fix PSE450R06W2K3030.  So, after seeking the version for PS 4.5 and
applying it, guess what?  "Disable TLS Renegotiation" again.

@#*& !!!   ???

I mean, it's bad enough that SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 have been cracked (no mention
of that in the scan report), but this stuff (which is supposed to have been
remedied by those who have been faithfully applying MS patches over the years)
is nuts!

or send an email to

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is from
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®) and
is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail, and any
attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify me by reply email and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof.