Just heard back from Minuteman. They only warranty their replacement batteries
for 90 days...

From: John Hornbuckle [mailto:john.hornbuc...@taylor.k12.fl.us]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 2:04 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Semi-OT: UPSes Other Than APC

Interesting-it looks like APC warranties the battery that comes in a UPS for
two years, but the replacement battery for only one. I'll need to check with
the other companies to see how they handle that.

Warranties don't preclude failures, but one might reasonably assume that the
longer a company warranties something, the greater their confidence that the
item being covered will last.

John