Do you have “Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon”
enabled?

The more I read the less I understand about what ‘reconnect’ does. I’m
dense, so how does the reconnect option help when a change is coming?

 *From:* Tom Miller <tmil...@sfgtrust.com>
*Sent:* January 14, 2013 11:37 AM
*To:* NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
*Subject:* RE: GPP drive mapping 'reconnect'

The reconnect isn't necessary helpful for remote users - I wasn't clear on
that.  What I mean is that using GPP is helpful for remote users.  We have
many VPN users here, so once they connect to the VPN, they can go to
Windows Explorer to open their files.  No script needed - the drives will
be disconnected until the VPN is connected.

I usually use reconnect when I have a change coming soon, so I will set
that and "remove this item when it is no longer applied".  New printers,
drive changes, etc.