I have a VM that is running Win2008 (not R2) 32bit, and we are using
this as our print server. I save the printer definitions and queues
using the "printbrm -B -F filename" command as a scheduled task. Note
that this server has both 32bit and 64bit drivers installed to it (I
am told). 64bit drivers installed to that print server using the
"Print Manager" snapin from a 64bit PC.

Now, I want to replace this VM with a new one, running Win2008 R2. I
think I should just be able to do:

printbrm -R -f filename

and then all my printers and queues should install, and be ready to
go. Then I can decommission the old server, re-name the new server,
re-use the old IP,  and everyone who uses a printer defined on that
print server name should continue to Just Work.

.. .which seems Too Easy. Am I missing some consideration here?

Thanks