Thank you!

--
richard

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:46 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Semi OT: Cisco versus Checkpoint & Juniper

The SRX line is Juniper's enterprise line.  The SSG is based on their Netscreen
acquisition many moons ago.

The cost difference between those two platforms is not insignificant.   My
personal experience is with the SSG family, and it will be the one that I would
expect to be more applicable to the original post.

For the money of the SRX platform, I would go with one of the other vendors...

Compare the Fortigate 60C, for example, with the Juniper SRX210

http://www.fortinet.com/products/fortigate/60C.html (look at the specs tab)
http://www.juniper.net/as/en/products-services/security/srx-series/srx210/#specs

Similar pricing for the base models, but the Fortigate has a bit more
functionality at that price point, IMO.

Regards,

ASB
http://XeeMe.com/AndrewBaker<http://xeeme.com/AndrewBaker>
Providing Virtual CIO Services (IT Operations & Information Security) for the
SMB market...

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Richard McClary