From: Paul Everett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 2:35 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: blacklists

We've been finding ourself on some blacklists since last week and have
basically shut us down.  Specifically Spamhaus and Barracuda's.

I'm not sure if I have an infected computer on my network sending spam
or not.  I've requested my ip removed from the blacklists several times,
but after a day or two I'm back on.  I've got a window to post this
question before it happens again.  Here's what I have.

One Domain, two locations connected via PTP T1 (Adtrans).  All Internet
access is at one location where I have my Mail Server 2003 (Ninja) and a
Watchguard Firewall.  All clients (about 200) running Symantec AV.

I don't have really the tools or knowledge to run any packet capture
software (or anything else) to determine if I have an owned machine, but
while I am working on that is there any way to close my firewall to
outbound mail traffic while still letting my Exchange out?  Do infected
computers send email thru port 25 like Exchange?  If so, can I block
that port and change the port Exchange uses to send?  If so, how?

This may take me awhile, but I'd like to stay off the blacklists in the
mean time.

One thing I've done is installed Zone Alarm on my pc to see if I can
catch any of my local computers scanning my network.  After the install
it asked if I wanted my Outlook to act as a Server.  The info button
showed that it should be ok to do, but I said "no".  My email seems to
be working but I keep getting notifications that ZA is blocking internet
access to my computer from my mail server.  This is probably nothing.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul Everett
IS Dept.
Lee Mental Health Center
239-791-1551

"Lee Mental Health Center, Inc. providing services through Ruth Cooper
Center for Behavioral Health Care and VISTA Behavioral Crisis Services.
Visit our website at www.leementalhealth.org
<blocked::http://www.leementalhealth.org/>  to learn more."

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.   If you are not the intended
copies of the original message, including attachments.