While I haven't tested it on an uninstall, MsiExec V 3.01.4001.5512 has
a /norestart option. I know that it works on installs. Have you tried
that?

...Tim

From: Carl Houseman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 10:42 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Scripted uninstalls - MSIEXEC

I'm writing a script to remove certain unwanted software, some of which
installs with MSIEXEC.  I want to uninstall silently without user
involvement.

So my script goes out and gets the UninstallString from the registry and
I've already found that sometimes these specify /X and other times they
specify /I, so I'm replacing /I with /X and adding /Q.  That all works
fine, but...

If a reboot is required, the workstation reboots immediately.

I want the reboot to be postponed until I've uninstalled all things that
need to be uninstalled and I'm not seeing any command line switch for
MSIEXEC to skip the reboot after a quiet uninstall.   Anything
undocumented out there?  Or some alternative means of batch-uninstalling
multiple programs with postponed reboot?

Or maybe I don't even need to worry about a reboot because the script
runs as a machine startup script?  I'm still testing interactively.

Thanks,

Carl