Well it took a response directly from Microsoft but here's the answer:

Wmic computersystem where name="%computername%" call joindomainorworkgroup
name="[new workgroup name]"

From: Tom Miller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 1:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: How to Display/Change Workgroup name in Server 2008 Core

Have you tried netdom?
http://winnetworks.com/articles/WS2008-SvrCoreQCG-P1.asp

On 15 Aug 2008 at 9:28, Bryan Garmon  wrote:

> Bummer... can't download this anymore -
>
> Note from Developer:
>
> "The bottom line is that the company I worked for has asked me to remove
the
> tool from the web. I will not be developing the tool anymore and can not
> support it. I have asked about the future of the tool and there is a good
> chance that it will be re-branded under my former employer logo and will
be
> released to public (not sure whether as shareware or something you pay
for).
> The moment I have more details I will make sure to post an update about
> CoreConfigurator whereabouts."

Google is your friend

    "Download Server Core CoreConfigurator. The developer removed the
download
    temporarily. As long as nobody complains you can download it at
4sysops."

http://4sysops.com/archives/tweets-download-coreconfigurator-enable-and-
disable-uac-in-script-review-of-vmware-thinapp-scoop-cloud-scripting/
or here if the above wraps unusably: http://preview.tinyurl.com/6qn7mz

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
GeoApps, Tucson, Arizona

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is for
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
message.