Either way, I'm wondering if a quick install of WINS and targeting at least
his servers at it would help over come this issue.

From: Erik Goldoff [mailto:egold...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:37 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: NT issue

meant to address this earlier ... it is NOT the HOSTS file to look at ...
HOSTS is the file based version of DNS, to resolve an FQDN to an IP
address.... for NT Domain issues, the LMHOSTS file is the one that works
like WINS to resolve NetBIOS names ( Browse ) to IP

Erik Goldoff

IT  Consultant

Systems, Networks, & Security

  _____