I reviewed Firefox 3, and have been impressed when compared to IE7, so
when IE8 became available in final release, I installed it. Initially, I
was very impressed by how quick it opened, but in the last couple of
weeks, it's ridiculouly slow. In fact, it not only takes forever, but
it's near impossible to shut it down. When I go into task manager, I
find 2 IEexplore processes, yet under IE7 there was only one IEexplore
process. So, I terminate one of the IE processes and both close, yet my
machine then locks up and sometimes I have to reboot. Anybody have any
ideas as to what is going on here? I'm testing both IE8 and Firefox with
the idea of seklecting one for our office. Initially IE8 was opening
faster than Firefox, but now Firefox is opening faster. I'm concerned
that perhaps it's something on my machine, so I do not want to make a
decision until I have all the facts.

Murray