I believe that that is what Paul Thurott said in his newsletter yesterday.

Beyond having read that newsletter, I certainly can't confirm anything...

________________________________
From: Brian Clark [brianclark2...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:41 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Windows 7 RTM

I have heard it will be available for Volume licensing Customers on the 7th
August and technet subscribers on the 6th can anyone confirm this?

Regards

--
Brian Clark
ICT Network Services Ltd

The information in this e-mail and any file transmitted with it is
confidential, may be legally privileged and is intended solely for the
addressee(s).

If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, retention,
modification or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful: please
accept our apologies, delete it immediately and notify the originator.

Any views or opinions expressed may be those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of ICT Network Services Ltd.

Although this email has been checked for viruses, ICT Network Services Ltd
cannot accept liability for any resulting loss or damage.
ICT Network Services Ltd. Registered Company Number: 5810121.VAT Number: 901
2432 77