On XP, they are included with SP3.  Machines are SP3.  
 
I am recreating GPO.  It's either that or a communications issue.  I'm
not sure about the communications issue, since all VLANS in our complex
here are members of servers VLAN, and users can login and manually map
drives, add printers, etc, that are otherwise applied via policy.  Also
the "standard" policy settings apply, and those are not preferences. 
Might need to pull out wireshark, though.
 
Tom

>>> "Richard Stovall" <[email protected]> 7/28/2009 3:59
PM >>>

Don’t you have to have the Group Policy Preference Client Side
Extensions installed for Group Policy Preferences to be applied?  Are
the extensions installed on the (un)affected machines?
I haven’t used preferences yet, so don’t know too much about them.

From:Tom Miller [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:55 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: GPO won't apply

 

rsop indicates policy would be applied.  Now I'm thinking there might
be an issue with the policy and I'm going to recreate it.  I notice the
problem areas are the preferences, too.  That *should* work on XP SP3
but for these machines don't.  

 

thanks for the tips.

>>> "Mayo, Bill" <[email protected]> 7/28/2009 2:16 PM >>>

Since you don't specifically mention that you confirmed, I would add
that you should check resultant set of policies (RSOP) to make sure that
AD thinks it should apply.  Not 100% sure how well this works with a WMI
filter, though.
 

From:Richard Stovall [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:57 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: GPO won't apply
Try debug logging
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc775423%28WS.10%29.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221833

From:Tom Miller [mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:44 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: GPO won't apply

Hi Folks,

 

I have a GPO that won't apply to a few PCs (applies fine to others). 
This OU has the agency "standard" GPO applied, which works.  The other
GPO which sets drive maps and printer preferences, desktop icons does
not seem to apply at all.  The only customization outside the GPO is I
have a "Windows XP" WMI filter in place.  The filter does work fine, as
I use it for a number of other GPOs.

 

Workstations are XP SP3, fully patched.

 

Suggestions?  

 

Tom Miller
Engineer, Information Technology
Hampton-Newport News Community Services Board
757-788-0528 

 
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message.
  
  
  
 
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message. 
  

 
 

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message.

~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

Reply via email to