That sounds like a funky proxy or proxy entry in the browser to me. Back to
SmartFilter ...

...Tim

From: Richard Stovall [mailto:richard.stov...@researchdata.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:29 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Vista, 7, etc method of determining if a network connection has
"Internet Access"

I have updated the drivers for the NICs on both machines (one Vista, One Win 7
RC) with genuine drivers from Intel (the Vista machine) and Realtek (The Win 7
machine) to no avail.  Didn't help a bit.  I've changed the power settings so
that they never sleep, etc.  The only thing that prevents it is to give them
static ips and whitelist them from filtering.  BTW, what I'm seeing is only
applicable to http and https.  When the browsers can't access anything on the
internet I can open a command prompt and do nslookups, telnet, etc. to outside
hosts.