From: Ken Schaefer [mailto:k...@adopenstatic.com]
Sent: 22 October 2009 15:26
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: License compliance tracking

Doesn't SCCM do this?

From: Oliver Marshall [mailto:oliver.marsh...@g2support.com]
Sent: Thursday, 22 October 2009 10:18 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: License compliance tracking

Hi chaps,

Does anyone know of a tool that we can use to track compliance of licenses?
That is, to tell us how many of a given (non MS) license is available, how many
are in use and so how many are available or are required?

We dont mind entering the info manually as licenses will move around fairly
infrequently. We have tools which report the licenses in use on each machine
but they dont know what licenses have been purchased or what licenses havent
been applied to a machine yet.

Open source would be lovely of course. Anything has to be able to handle non-MS
licenses like Adobe etc.

Thanks

Olly