SharePoint/WSS.

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 9:24 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Is E-mail the right solution for this request?

Saw this Help Desk ticket flow to my team today:

"Need a mailbox set up for expense reports: This mailbox will be for expense
reports to go into for projects.  The expense reports and invoices will be sent
to this mailbox via e-mail. "

Expense reports and invoices being stored in Exchange doesn't feel like the
right solution here. Expense reports are submitted via e-mail, but putting them
all into one mailbox doesn't seem like the best long-term solution, seems like
they should be emailed into something more....dunno...scalable perhaps.

I can see this being easy to implement initially but I'm not sure it will have
the manageability they'll need in oh, a year or two, but I can't think of
anything better off the top of my head.

Anyone?
David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764