Guys,
I have a backup script to have ready for implementation on Saturday morning. It 
uses rsync to copy on diffs to a remote Linux server over a vpn through a slow 
link. I finally finished all the server and vpn setup and I had been avoiding 
how to handle the huge dataset, which would make a simple dos script of 
rsyncing the whole tree at once nearly impossible.

What I plan to do is iterate over a few known paths (and possibly add in some 
error handling later). Does this make sense (highly abbreviated):

$arrayPaths = @("Dir 1/", "Dir 2/", "Dir 3/")
$Options = '--verbose --recursive --blah --chmod=D=rwx,F=rw'

foreach ($i in $arrayPaths)
{Invoke-Item C:\Program Files\cwRsync\rsync.exe $Options `"/cygdrive/c/Top 
Level/$i`" 10.0.0.13::test`"/Top Level/$i`"}

So what's the most elegant way to make the ii command run this mess?

Thanks!
jlc


~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

Reply via email to