>What are people doing at home, for "personal" reasons, that would need
50 - 100 Mbps down, and 50ish Mbps up?

I can say that I use my home connection for email and searches. I don't
download music or movies. Now, this discussion seemed to "home in" on
poor people having Internet Access. Poor people probably can't afford to
legally download music and movies, so they really wouldn't need any
significant speed.

As an aside, I'm with AT&T and they are pushing Uverse like crazy. I had
them come out to install just Uverse Internet, and they couldn't do what
I wanted. All I wanted was the connection point fed into my office on
the second floor of our house. They said they couldn't do that, it could
only be on the main floor. The reason I wanted the connection in my 2nd
floor office is because then I could use my own wifi router and wouldn't
have to make a number of changes, like move my wireless printer and wifi
router to the first floor and get a wifi net card installed in my old
desktop computer. Of course I could run a CAT5 cable from the first
floor to the second floor, but that would also be a pita! All I wanted
was a faster line. Currently I have the "Elite" package, rated at 6.0
and I'm only getting 3.5, but for what I do, that's plenty fast. Lately,
I find that I'm "waiting" for websites to respond!!!!

Murray