No need to copy any files - the KMS server doesn't really track anything (it
keeps the last 50 activations as a rolling list, but that's it). If you're
worried about meeting the minimum number of systems for activation, note
that when you reinstall the KMS key on the same KMS server, you will reset
the counters, so moving the data files makes no sense anyway.

You should be able to just remove the key from your existing KMS server,
delete it from DNS, and then install the KMS service and key on a new
server. Here's a write-up that looks good:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaactivation/thread
/cd4177bd-8df5-4a66-afdc-c760398b7e7f

Don't do this often, though, as your KMS key is only good for 6
installations; more than that and you'll have to call MS Licensing.

If you ever think you'll use your KMS to activate software such as Windows 7
and, especially, Office 2010, I would suggest you put the KMS on something
besides a Server 2008 box. Office 2010 activations only work from a KMS on
Server 2003 or 2008 R2, not "plain" 2008.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;981859

-Malcolm