From: Fred Sawyer [mailto:fr...@sunbelt-software.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 12:40
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Dell - IDRAC6 Enterprise vs IDRAC6 Express

Is anyone using either the IDRAC6 Enterprise or Express.  From what I am
reading the Express card offers a basic web-interface that can be used to
remotely reboot that machine.  Where the Enterprise version offers remote
ability to mount media as well as direct console access.

I am trying to figure out how reliable the Enterprise card is for remotely
supporting a server.  From a cost analysis the IDRAC Enterprise options is
more affordable then a TCP/IP KVM such as a Raritan.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Fred

..