I'm fully agreed on your last point - use what meets your business needs. Being
a fanboy - one way or the other - doesn't really benefit you or your company.

-Malcolm

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:09
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: VMWare vs Hyper-V

Fair point too, I just know the hassle we had with one Windows server which
would semi-freeze where we were pretty sure the culprit was either EMC
Powerpath or the Broadcom NIC teaming drivers but (admittedly perhaps due to
lack of time/skill on my part), I would have killed for a "install this lot and
you know all the versions will play nice together" ISO image - in the end we
actually gave up on it and stuck it in a VM.

Personally I see it as just use what fits your situation best, but to me the
two reasons I listed were important.