good to know! but, wow that's weird. I'm not setting a mapsize knob anywhere -
what the heck is it for, anyway?

in fact, I deleted the mapsize line that was created with the gizmo and i think
that's when the error showed up.

great - 8 hours later and now I can't reproduce the error with or without that
line...

cheers!
jrab