Does nuke really have a bad name handling bug if the layer names aren't written to the exr spec? Seems like it would be a lot better to make the fixes upstream than wait/have nuke do a fix that could end up creating other issues. I'd be curious how other viewers read your layer?

I have to admit, I'd personally rather nuke didn't do any automatic fixing for me, like setting colorspaces and calling a layer.Z a "depth" channel or the UV's 'forward' and 'motion'. Why not leave it alone and call it what the user wanted to call it? Maybe that's the fix because then it wouldn't matter?

jrab

Ryan O'Phelan wrote:
Thanks. Will do.