when rendering on the farm are you controlling the amount of cache RAM
that a render can use? ('-c' option tot he command line). It certainly
sounds like you could have run out of RAM/cache. Another useful option
is the '-V' flag as that will dump out the cache stats at the end of
the render (or you could do something yourself after each frame using
a suitable callback in python).

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd |   Nobody thinks this    |
| Head of Software Engineering          | My employer for certain |

Cinesite (Europe) Ltd. Registered Office: HemelOne, Boundary Way, Hemel
Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7YU Registered in Cardiff No. 2820389 VAT No. 630 5446 60