Hi,

Does anyone know how to indicate a relative directory change in TCL? In a Write
node, I'd like to designate the directory to write files to that is parallel to
the one the script is in. I'm using this typical form to get the current script
directory:

[file dirname [file tail [value root.name]]]

Then, I'd like to do the equivalent of  'cd ../different_dir'. So, I'd like to
have a (hopefully short) chunk of code that would a) grab the script's current
directory, b) navigate up one directory and c) indicate the parallel directory
to write the files to. Should be easy - I just don't know if it's possible with
TCL or if I have to combine some Python in there...

Thanks for any help!

Rich

Rich Bobo
Senior VFX Compositor