Similar topic...

FWIW You can also use a similar technique to remove camera dirt etc, which is
behind the sensorClean tool (after a similar discussion a few years ago)

http://www.nukepedia.com/gizmos/gizmo-downloads/filter/sensorclean/

In this case you have a dirty held frame, a cleaned version of the same held
frame and the image to clean.

It divides the dirty and clean reference frames which is the case of sensor
dirt, gives a white frame with a superbright spot where the dirt was. the
result is then multiplied on the image to clean, and removes the dirt spots,
depending on how well you painted the clean reference. Not for all shots but
works on most (90% I'd say).

Howard