Hi

I had same issues a while back, although with a quadrofx 3800 - and in the end i gave up, installed linux Mint - and it all went away.

maybe try that?

Neil Scholes

www.uvfilms.co.uk
+44 (0) 7977 456 197

On 18/03/13 16:38, Thorsten Kaufmann wrote:

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd put that up here as well, as someone might have some input. Running Nuke with said configuration

gives us really bad DAG performance (I'd estimate somewhere around 2-4FPS on panning). The very same script

performs a LOT better with a GeForce 285 GTX (!). In addition to the DAG being really laggy it also seems to not

draw node connectors at a certain point of zooming out. That also seems to work fine on the old GeForce card.

For the record, yes it is a big script (over 9k nodes), but still the GeForce handles it fine and am also seeing performance

Dropping with way smaller scripts. What I tried so far:

-Updating to the latest NVidia drivers (I am hoping older drives might help, any hints?).

-Tweaking the NVidia 3D settings (e.g. forcing AA to be OFF, but I still see AA being drawn in the DAG. This is also present with the GeForce though).

-Playing with some of Nuke's DAG settings, just to be sure.

Nuke performs a bit better than Nuke6.x. In this case I cannot upgrade yet, and even though 7.x is better it is still way slower than

The GeForce setup.

Again the rig:

-Intel Xeon E5645

-24GB Ram

-Quadro 4000

-Win 7 Pro SP1 x64

-Nuke 6.3v8, Nuke7.0v4, etc.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Thorsten

Thorsten Kaufmann
Head of Production

Mackevision Medien Design GmbH
Forststraße 7
D-70174 Stuttgart

T  +49 711 93 30 48 59
F  +49 711 93 30 48 90
M +49 151 19 55 55 02

thorsten.kaufm...@mackevision.de
http://www.mackevision.de

Geschäftsführer: Armin Pohl, Joachim Lincke, Karin Suttheimer
HRB 243735 Amtsgericht Stuttgart

**

**

****

*

*

***F_BOX picture shooter 2.0: High-End-3D as a web service*

Erfahren Sie mehr:***www.mackevision.de/de/technology/f_box_produkt_familie/picture_shooter.html* <http://www.mackevision.de/de/technology/f_box_produkt_familie/picture_shooter.html>

Read more about it:***www.mackevision.de/en/technology/f_box_product_family/picture_shooter.html* <http://www.mackevision.de/en/technology/f_box_product_family/picture_shooter.html>